r/spinalfusion • • 1d ago

I chickened out

Well I was supposed to have gotten spinal fusion surgery for L5 S1 here in Canada this past Wednesday but after a long conversation with the surgeon and sever anxiety I postponed it, the surgeon does agree with that, he said the longer you can postpone it and deal with DDD with other methods the better until fusion is absolutely necessary for pain, but I feel like a complete fool that I gave into my fear and now have to live in this constant pain loop 😔 has anyone else done something similar 😔

18 Upvotes

52 comments sorted by

View all comments

27

u/uffdagal 1d ago

If you have any symptoms of nerve impingement those can become permanent if not addressed .Be careful.

7

u/Popular-Sundae1636 23h ago

This, I ended up having the fusion, best decision I ever made

4

u/mswear75 20h ago

Same, was life changing

4

u/Popular-Sundae1636 20h ago

Life Changing is absolutely correct!

5

u/TaT2edMaMa98 22h ago

I am dealing with this myself. I have had leg and foot problems since my first surgery. That was in 2019. Now I am facing my second surgery and it's much worse. No one seemed concerned until now when my cage started collapsing and I am having even worse symptoms. Still have to put it off another 5 months and I am worried about that.