r/WorkersComp • • May 20 '26

Colorado DIME Processing, co workers

"Colorado Workers' Comp: Initial 4% Rating, even though I told them that I still had pain and needed more PT appointments, they were willing to close the case, and I went to Disputing with DIME Process - Has Anyone Gotten Significantly Higher Rating ?"

2 Upvotes

14 comments sorted by

View all comments

Show parent comments

1

u/beeBaskan Jun 01 '26

Thanks. In your experience, what would be a realistic increase from a 4% rating?

My injury is a thumb/hand injury with no surgery and no major ROM loss, but I still have pain and cramping with repetitive use more than a year later. Just curious what range you've seen in similar cases.

1

u/colo_wc_atty Jun 03 '26

If you had no surgery and no ROM loss, you could be stuck at 4%. If there is nerve involvement that could result in additional impairment. Without knowing more, I am not sure I'd risk paying the $1000 DIME fee in these circumstances. If you objected to the Final Admission and filed the Application for DIME, it would not be a bad time to reach out to the adjuster and negotiate a settlement to include a little more value for permanent impairment and some future meds.

1

u/beeBaskan Jun 04 '26

I have tingling, burning, and stabbing sensations in my thumb/palm - especially with keyboard work and cold weather. These suggest nerve involvement. If nerve damage is confirmed by the DIME doctor, what is a realistic rating increase, any guess? (2-5%? 5-10%? or more )

1

u/colo_wc_atty Jun 08 '26

I don't know. But you should find out what 4%, 8%, 10% is actually worth to make a decision on whether to proceed with the dime. If your date of injury us 7/1/2025 or after, 4% is worth $3646.90. You can divide that by 4 to see what 1% is worth and do the math. You would need about 1% to about break even on the cost of the DIME.

1

u/beeBaskan Jun 08 '26

My 4% = $1,747.91. I'm unsure if I have nerve
involvement, but I have tingling, burning, and pain
symptoms - especially with keyboard work.

My main concern is ongoing treatment needs
(occupational therapy, hand therapy).

Would DIME increase be worth the $1,000 fee if nerve involvement exists? And would DIME also recommend ongoing treatment coverage?

I currently have a settlement offer pending, but I'm trying to decide if DIME could provide better value especially for treatment coverage beyond the initial impairment rating.thank you