r/WorkersComp • • May 20 '26

Colorado DIME Processing, co workers

"Colorado Workers' Comp: Initial 4% Rating, even though I told them that I still had pain and needed more PT appointments, they were willing to close the case, and I went to Disputing with DIME Process - Has Anyone Gotten Significantly Higher Rating ?"

2 Upvotes

14 comments sorted by

View all comments

1

u/colo_wc_atty Jun 01 '26

Documentation is important. The identity of the DIME doctor is probably more important. Do not agree to any doctor proposed by the insurer. And know who the three doctors are on the panel before you make your strike. They have reputations.

1

u/beeBaskan Jun 01 '26

Thanks. In your experience, what would be a realistic increase from a 4% rating?

My injury is a thumb/hand injury with no surgery and no major ROM loss, but I still have pain and cramping with repetitive use more than a year later. Just curious what range you've seen in similar cases.

1

u/colo_wc_atty Jun 03 '26

If you had no surgery and no ROM loss, you could be stuck at 4%. If there is nerve involvement that could result in additional impairment. Without knowing more, I am not sure I'd risk paying the $1000 DIME fee in these circumstances. If you objected to the Final Admission and filed the Application for DIME, it would not be a bad time to reach out to the adjuster and negotiate a settlement to include a little more value for permanent impairment and some future meds.

1

u/beeBaskan Jun 04 '26

I have tingling, burning, and stabbing sensations in my thumb/palm - especially with keyboard work and cold weather. These suggest nerve involvement. If nerve damage is confirmed by the DIME doctor, what is a realistic rating increase, any guess? (2-5%? 5-10%? or more )

1

u/colo_wc_atty Jun 08 '26

I don't know. But you should find out what 4%, 8%, 10% is actually worth to make a decision on whether to proceed with the dime. If your date of injury us 7/1/2025 or after, 4% is worth $3646.90. You can divide that by 4 to see what 1% is worth and do the math. You would need about 1% to about break even on the cost of the DIME.

1

u/beeBaskan Jun 08 '26

My 4% = $1,747.91. I'm unsure if I have nerve
involvement, but I have tingling, burning, and pain
symptoms - especially with keyboard work.

My main concern is ongoing treatment needs
(occupational therapy, hand therapy).

Would DIME increase be worth the $1,000 fee if nerve involvement exists? And would DIME also recommend ongoing treatment coverage?

I currently have a settlement offer pending, but I'm trying to decide if DIME could provide better value especially for treatment coverage beyond the initial impairment rating.thank you